Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jiia

My Alpha Beta Horror Game

[[NOTE: Unfortunately, Geocites has limited bandwidth acceptance, and I don't know of any other free web servers that allow uploading of zip files. Please let me know if anyone else does..]] And I really mean alpha-beta when I say it Please don't yell at me because there's not much to do. This is a game I was working on a while back, and never finished. The engine is 99% complete, but building the mansion and other thingos I planned on became tedious, and I started slacking on it. What is sad is that I put 80% of the work into my world editor, and then was so burned out, I was too lazy to make the rest of the game. But the editor is really cool, what can I say? You can see some snap shots of it before you download, here: http://www.geocities.com/jiiqs/Shots.html The screens are from a really old version. Don't pass out if the game crashes when you go through certain doors. One I know of is the door that leads out to the porch from the kitchen, and the steps in the kitchen, don't go up those. Other than that, I'm just about almost kind of sure the rest are OK. Oh yeah, the front door, don't go out it either. I have no idea where you might end up It's a little large. I'm sorry, I tried to minimize the data as much as I could, but my datafile compression routines were not so good back then. Anyways, here it is: IMPORTANT: press the i key to see controls once in the game http://www.geocities.com/jiiqs/nInnocence.zip (3.5 MB) It runs in 640x480x32. If you run it and get an "Unable to set display mode" error, let me know and I'll upload a seperate 16 bit exe that can be used to overwrite the other one. Tell me what you think..? Should I go back and finish it, or just throw it into the recycling bin? -Jiia [edited by - Jiia on September 1, 2002 2:17:01 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Wow! Very Septerra Core-ish. Obviously I can''t comment on the gameplay, but for a demo this is outstanding. Now get off yer lazy butt and finish this thing . Can''t wait to see a final product.