Got a game

Started by
3 comments, last by Cokeman 21 years, 7 months ago
Ok I have been working on this game idea for quite some time. I have a lot of how it will work, worked out. And am in the middle of getting it down and working out some of the finer point. Problem is I am not much of a Programmer Or graphic artist. So here I am with a design for what I think is a pretty good game, but no way to make it. I was just wondering how possible it is (if it has been done) to find some people willing to work on this with me? are there places where I can find people to help me with this. Its purely amature and I cant pay them. Its not to hi-tech , basicly a more indepth RPGish GTA style game. Anyway, anyone know where or if I can find people to help me with this?
-Cokeman
Advertisement
First off its great to see that you are working on game design. What you need to know though is that an average game like GTA (average in size/cost) runs about 2 million dollars and takes about 2+ years to develop. So my first comment to you would be to think smaller. If your serious about developing your game you should figure out a way in which it could be done with out a fancy engine. Its unlikely you will be able to find a programmer who wants to write a full 3D graphics engine in their spare time. The simplier you can make it the better.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your comments.

Well I am not really looking for a 3d game, really I want a 2d one. I think it would be a lot simplier and really fits what I am trying to do a whole lot more.

It is not going to be so much of mass carnage as small jobs. Its more of a , you have your base of operations (your house) its a monday. You have $100, go to a gun store (walking as you dont have a car) and buy a gun, now go stick up a corner store and get away from the scene before the cops show up. I guess it is more complicated than I first thought, I mean I want the cops to HAVE to find you, I want you to be able to buy ski masks to disguise yourself, I want to be able to take hostigies and all that.

and basicly you start a a corner store clirk and see how long you can go there will be a kind of timmer, 18 days on the lose sort of thing. Maybe you go for the big one (bank) and get caught. anyway I am going to keep working on it. Flesh out the ideas, figure out how the systems will work, and work with each other and maybe one day get it up and running.
-Cokeman
As always, Start Here.
Thanks.
-Cokeman

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement