Any XBOX developer here?

Started by
8 comments, last by certify 21 years, 7 months ago
What are the toolkits and requirement to develop xbox games?
[size=1]Digital Solutions! -- > RouterWebHost.com Ultimate Exam Simulation Tool! -- > ExamSim.net Programming Tutor! -- > ProgrammingTutor.com
Advertisement
Just develop for a PC w/ DX8, a 733MHz Celeron, 64 MB RAM, Win2K, and a GeForce 3. Anything you code on a PC with this configuration will be a synch to port to the XBox. You''ll need an XBox Dev kit from Microsoft to make the XBox games, and they''re not going to hand them out to just anybody. They will usually only hand them out to publishers. But good luck.
---signature---People get ready.I'm ready to play.
You may want to try a different forum for XBOX developers.

Wizza Wuzza?
Thanks for all your replies.

Can you guide me to the xbox forum?
[size=1]Digital Solutions! -- > RouterWebHost.com Ultimate Exam Simulation Tool! -- > ExamSim.net Programming Tutor! -- > ProgrammingTutor.com
lol... I started on this road about 10 months ago and realize just how far away from developing for the Xbox I was. Unless you know like at least 80% of the DirectX 8.1 API, there''s no way in heck you can prove to Microsoft that you''re worthy of touching one of their dev kits.

You can find info in attaining their dev kits at the xbox.com website. Good luck on your journey though... I''m still on it myself
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
oh yeah, and a little bit of a revision to the system specs that utwo007 posted...

750 MHz Pentium 3 should be used... the actual Xbox has a 733, but your computer will be eating up a few MHz from miscellaneous none gaming tasks

and

use at least 128 MB of RAM ''cause well, you''ll have a hell of a time getting Windows 2000 and Visual Studio running at the same time with 64MB of RAM, actually, you''d be best off with 196 ''cause Windows 2000 will eat up 128 of it and that''ll leave 64MB left over for development with
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
quote:Unless you know like at least 80% of the DirectX 8.1 API, there''s no way in heck you can prove to Microsoft that you''re worthy of touching one of their dev kits.

Hmmmm, if by "Dev Kit" you mean the Xbox SDK, you can download it at sharereactor.com (provided you have an eDonkey client)... approximately 170MB.

Hope that helps
quote:Original post by certify
What are the toolkits and requirement to develop xbox games?

I''d want to develop on xbox too...
quote:Original post by HellRaider
Hmmmm, if by "Dev Kit" you mean the Xbox SDK, you can download it at sharereactor.com (provided you have an eDonkey client)... approximately 170MB.

Hope that helps

Im pretty sure he meant the hardware too
yes, I did

The only way for an independant developer to aquire a full development kit (including hardware) is to proposition Microsoft with a nearly fully developed title. After signing the contract and nondisclosure agreement you have six months to supply Microsoft with your finished games... if you''re not done then you have to try to re-up with them. If they give you a redlight, you have to return everything.... hence my previous post

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement