Visual Basic - disabling ALT+CTRL+DEL

Started by
20 comments, last by feshmania 20 years ago
I can''t seem to disable ALT+CTRL+DEL...anybody know the code? I''ve tried some code I saw online, but nothing worked...I was thinkning that the code might be different for Windows XP...if anyone can help...great... Thanks feshMANIA hey how you doin''''?
feshMANIAhey how you doin''?
Advertisement
I could be wrong but I wouldn''t have thought it would be possible to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL under an NT based operating system.

I thought the operating system intercepted the CTRL+ALT+DEL key sequence, to make sure that people can''t just write programs that look like the login box for the purpose of stealing passwords.

Why would you want to disable it anyway?
Im putting another password protect on my computer so I dont want people to be able to just terminate the program

feshMANIA

hey how you doin''''?
feshMANIAhey how you doin''?
I could be wrong here, and I''m sure someone more knowledgable will correct me, but I think you''d need to write a service or driver for something like that (on an NT based OS anyway).
Why do you need another password protect? What''s the point?
NT (XP) already does that for you. It seems pointless. o_O

administrative priviledge (so he can''t run task manager or
other fun things) with your program running.

The whole idea of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del is just WRONG .

Kami no Itte ga ore ni zettai naru!
神はサイコロを振らない!
It''s true. Don''t disable Ctrl+Alt+Del, it''s there for a reason.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
you could just remove it from the programs running list. then if someone does press it your program will not be listed.

maybe.

I think it can be done.

it can''t
Removing CTL+ALT+DEL is very usefull... Say you are writing a program or shell for a company that lets users brows the web or play a game but not have any access to the rest of the computer. Like if I wanted to allow walk up visitors to browse my wesite from terminal. I would want to dissable CTL+ALT+DEL. That would be the first thing somone would try. And then maybe ALT+F4.

Anyway, my point is I have seen it done and Its a reasonable problem. I dont know how to do it myself, but keep looking...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
umm, you can using the win32api

Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long, lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As LongPublic Sub DisableCRTL_ALT_DEL()    Dim ret As Integer    Dim pOld As Boolean    ret = SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING, True, pOld, 0)End Sub 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement