Breaking the wall

Started by
7 comments, last by Dark_Psi 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, like many people in this community I''m a begginer in game development.I listened to nice people advices and start off slowly with learning C/C++. After about one year of back and forth, crawling in the mud and difficult time learning this tool needed for my start in this happy GD world I think I''m ready to start one real but small game project I''ve been thinking about what I could start with to gradually improve my skills but a wall erected before me: I couln''t think of anything else than a pong or some old arcade games ? lol I guess that all this programming wiped out my creativity :D Well if someone has a small design or idea about a game that I could practice on , that would be nice Thank you -DarkPsI
** Dark Warrior Psi **
Advertisement
Why don''t you try a simple hack&slash sidescroller without any real story but just good gameplay.
''erected'' is a funny word. hehehe........um..don''t mind me im drunk
Dark_Psi:

What''s wrong with doing a clone of an old arcade game? It will be good practice; in fact, anything that gets you coding will be good practice.

John.
Sure, go for an old arcade game

I''d suggest asteroids just cuz its basic and the graphics are simple.

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan [TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

Alrite you guys , I''ll start off with a nice arcarde game But I don''t know many of them (I know that''s simply dumb) Can you give me example of thos games with a simple explanation of what is it , how you play it etc ... ?
Thanks for helping me making this very important first step.

-DarkPsI
** Dark Warrior Psi **
to find some old arcade games, you could try looking @ emulators and roms

heres some sites:
http://www.emusanet.com/

http://members.madasafish.com/~kefka/ (annoying musical background that wont switch off)
Not to mention Mame:

www.mame.net

John.
Even try tic tac toe, or something really simple like that, hust to gauge your skill so far.

Wizza Wuzza?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement