touch screen programming

Started by
5 comments, last by vaneger 21 years, 7 months ago
how would i make it possible for a gui to be used via touching the screen? i prolly cant use c++ for this but what can i use?
Advertisement
You need special hardware, most normal monitors don''t have the touch-screen feature. At my work we have an touchscreen iMac we use to demo our various kiosk projects.
As for programming, in my experience the touchscreen just emulates the mouse.
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
ya it prolyl does just emulate a mouse but how would i code that ?
quote:Original post by vaneger
ya it prolyl does just emulate a mouse but how would i code that ?

It''s not your responsibility. You write your code as if it were a mouse that was (largely) incapable of dragging and you''re good to go. The rest is handled by the hardware.
Exactly. This is a clothing size calculator my company did for The William Carter Company. The exact same flash movie runs in their stores on touchscreen iMacs like the one I mentioned above.
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
Has anyone got an information on how touch screens actually work?

Cheers.

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question716.htm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement