What is a good book on?

Started by
0 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 21 years, 7 months ago
I just recently got into 3D game development under directx. I haven't done alot with it but im trying to find a book a specific area of directx. Up until this point I have only done 2D type of games. I am trying to find a book that covers directx special effects. Im trying to find a good book that can give good information on the development as long as with examples of the development for stuff like point sprites (partical systems). Yet at the same time can show good information on other types of special effects like how metal refelects images, alpha blending, pixel shaders, ect. I was wondering what books would be good for this topic. Also if possible what you would rank this book in a 1-10 (10 being best) on this subject. Or rather the content and extensive convering of topics such as these. [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on September 1, 2002 6:21:01 PM]
Advertisement
There always is the book Special Effects Game Programming with DirectX 8.0 by Mason McCuskey. I don''t think it is the greatest I would say a 6, but others on this site would disagree. I would go w/ the Game Programming Gems 2 or 3, or even Real-Time Rendering, both those books are reviewed on this site, and the Gems I give a 10, the real-time rendering I haven''t read personally but most have said it is pretty good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement