3D Modeling

Started by
4 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 21 years, 7 months ago
I was wondering I am trying to find a free yet reliable 3D Modeling program that also has some type of ablity to import the models into a direct3d application does anyone know of any programs as well as locations on the libraries or wrappers that are used to import the models?
Advertisement
I would suggest using Milkshape 3D.

Its not entirely free ($20), but damn close enough for what it can do

I''m pretty sure it can export models in .X which is what D3D can load by default.

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan [TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

This is also an option
OpenFx

I think, therfore I am.
I think?

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
My Website: Indie Game Programming

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/indieprogram

My Book: http://amzn.com/1305076532

I use milkshape if I''m going to create models. It''s you''re best dam bet if your going for making models for realtime video games. It''s amazing what you can do with low poly models...
Exhibit A:

Just plain amazing...
"..."~Sage
...yes, really amazing how bad that model is. Do not model like that; the entire think is jaggy, it''s rendered with flat shading, and the head is a ball.
quote:Original post by Deyja
...yes, really amazing how bad that model is. Do not model like that; the entire think is jaggy, it''s rendered with flat shading, and the head is a ball.

Wow, could you be more insulting to them? I mean, that''s better than I''ve ever been able to do with Milkshape and I''ve been using it for a while.

Sage0 - I think it''s quite good.

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement