Truespace 3

Started by
6 comments, last by McMcDonald 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi! What do you think about truespace 3 ? Is it better than milkshape ? There is no direct output to the .x format. Has anyone experiences with truespace 3 and .x (exporting models and animations) Thanks McMc
----------------------------My sites:www.bytemaniac.com www.mobilegames.cc
Advertisement
quote:Original post by McMcDonald
Hi!

What do you think about truespace 3 ?

Is it better than milkshape ?

There is no direct output to the .x format.
Has anyone experiences with truespace 3 and .x (exporting models and animations)

Thanks
McMc

I have to admit I haven''t used truespace 3 but I have used version 1 and if 3 is anything like 1 it''s very simple to use. It certainly easier than Blender or Maya (IMHO).
Patrick
Hi!

Thanks for answer.

I think that truespace 3 is not used by a lot of people because of the amount of answers...

They offer truespace 3 for $49, and i think about buying it.

McMc
----------------------------My sites:www.bytemaniac.com www.mobilegames.cc
I´ve played with Truespace for a bit, it´s not that hard to use, but it lacks in many important areas.... and once you´ve tried Maya you don´t want to go back to truespace, or anything else. so if you don´t need the comerical graphics i would recommend the PLE of Maya (available for dl at the A|W homepage).
truespace is very limited. It can be easy for easy task, but it can be hard for more complex task (for example, modify some vertexs in a scene with 5000 vertex).

IMHO :truespace is not the best choice.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
eng3d, WTF do you know about truespace? Maybe you have only used version 1 or something but you sound like an idiot when you say that. "(for example, modify some vertexs in a scene with 5000 vertex)" note: neither vertexs or vertexes are words.

Your statement is completely false; I don’t have ANY idea where you got that. Truespace is VASTLY superior to milkshape in nearly every respect
quote:Original post by McMcDonald
Hi!

What do you think about truespace 3 ?

Is it better than milkshape ?

There is no direct output to the .x format.
Has anyone experiences with truespace 3 and .x (exporting models and animations)

Thanks
McMc

Truespace 4 is often on sale and has .x export. Another choice would be 3D Canvas: http://www.amabilis.com/ . Hope this helps.

Allan
quote:Original post by alecmoody
eng3d, WTF do you know about truespace? Maybe you have only used version 1 or something but you sound like an idiot when you say that. "(for example, modify some vertexs in a scene with 5000 vertex)" note: neither vertexs or vertexes are words.

Your statement is completely false; I don’t have ANY idea where you got that. Truespace is VASTLY superior to milkshape in nearly every respect

It would be nice if you could realise that this site has many international visitors, therefore not everyone''s english is perfect.

Not to mention he did not compare it to Milkshape, he was saying it is not the best choice, which is true. It is better than Milkshape, but still poor compared to the competition. Just compare the popularity of truespace to other 3D apps.

For another good free 3d modeller try http://www.wings3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement