BMP to JPG conversion ??????

Started by
3 comments, last by stealth 21 years, 7 months ago
Are there windows commands that let me do this???, I mean I know I can load a bitmap with windows functions but does windows have some functions that''ll change that BMP file to a JPG file??? I plan to create a little windpws program that''ll let u specify a directory to search for ".bmp" files and then select from an option of "convert selected file" or "convert all bitmaps", but the problem is can I use windows to convert the bmp to jpg or do I have to read up on the jpg file format and learn myself??? thanks to anybody who can help ( or if anybody wants to help me code this thing :D ) by the way I''m using DevC++ if that makes a difference
Advertisement
Hi

unfortunately there are no windows function to do this. You either have to look at the jpg format and write a converter yourself, which will be very much work i guess, or you can use some existing jpg library, like the one from http://www.ijg.org/

------------
Runicsoft
thanks but how do I go about the actual converting part?
read the docs/readme files? also try freeimage, www.6ixsoft.com. it can convert to a whole bunch of formats.
check out the intel jpeg library.
thats the simplest to use . i think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement