Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Help for testing

This topic is 5584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody I have done a java aplication where you can play multiplayer games. First, it''s like a chat aplication, but you can create or join a collection of very simple games. I have been working for 10 moths in this project, and now It''s working well, more or less. Now I would like to know how it really works in the net. Could you help me to test it? You can find it in GD Showcase: http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/projects/default.asp?projectID=740 Thanks.

Cool piece of software man, it works really well (Win 2k, JDK 1.4.0). I do have a couple of suggestions:

1) Make your jar file executable so windows users can double click it to run it. Look in your meta-inf/MANIFEST.MF file and change it to look like:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.4.0 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Main-class: Cliente_Multijuegos

2) In some places the collision detection could be a little better (PARKANOID).

3) Post in the help wanted forum for an artist to help you polish up the UI and graphics.

The framework is cool though, and it is 12 games in one, which is very impressive when you consider that most people have a lot of trouble just getting one done. Great job!