looking for jump'n'run sourcecode

Started by
3 comments, last by fantast 21 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys ! Im planning on programming my own Jump''n''Run game, based on DirectX. Anyone who could give me help in any way, would be very much appreciated. Im especially looking for source code, of platform games, or anything that uses DirectDraw, since Im not very familiar with it. I believe that its easiest to learn from examples, that why im looking for source code. It doesnt actually need to be for DirectX. Something on collision detection would be nice too Alright, thats it from me ps: I havent scanned the forum for any similar threads, dont have much time. so in case Im repeating something here, please excuse... Äärisch Mielge is hömösegsüell, hömösegsüell, höhömsegsüell...
Äärisch Mielge is hömösegsüell, hömösegsüell, höhömsegsüell...
Advertisement
You''re better not looking at source code and just learning from experience. Source code is too much too soon, and you won''t understand what it''s actually doing.

Learn DirectDraw, go through the SDK examples.

Try looking here AFTER that.
http://www.2dgame-tutorial.com/

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
If you don''t have time to search the forums or look over the articles in the resources section, then how do plan on having anytme to learn ANYTHING?????
quote:Original post by nonnus29
If you don''t have time to search the forums or look over the articles in the resources section, then how do plan on having anytme to learn ANYTHING?????

let alone actually write the game?

cyn

learn basic directdraw first.
check out the articles in gamedev.

Its my duty, to please that booty ! - John Shaft

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement