Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patriko2000

Importing Milkshape3d model textures ...

Okay, here''s my situation: Note: Currently using Visual C++ 6.0, and following along with the nehe.gamedev.net tutorials. I''ve created a model using Milkshape3D, and imported it using the tutorial on nehe.gamedev.net (Tutorial 31 I think). Anyway, the script works great; the model appears in my application, but there is one problem: no texture. I''ve stored the texture in every area possible (just in case the program couldn''t find it before), and it still won''t load. Is there some special way of saving a Milkshape3d model so it knows where the texture is? (I''ve just been using File -> Save As) Or is there another way to import textures to map onto the models you load in? - Patrick

Guest Anonymous Poster
Patrick,

I''ve had the same issues as you. Usually it was the fact that I created the model, and then when I extracted the information in my game engine, the textures were not located in the same relative location as the executable running. if i had a main folder "project" with all my source in it, and then a "data" folder inside of the "project" folder that contained all my textures and models, i usually would have to create the models in the "project" folder and save them there, relative to the "data" folder in the "project" folder. I would then move the model file into the "data" folder after saving it.

That happend to me to. You can also try loading the textures manually, remove the binding textures in the Model::draw() function, and just bind them before calling the draw function. I prefer this way because I have more control over what I am loading.