Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daivuk

How to play sound Using DirectSound ??

I know how to initialise it : DirectSoundCreate(NULL,&soundDevice,NULL); soundDevice->SetCooperativeLevel( hWnd, DSSCL_PRIORITY); ZeroMemory(&bufferDesc,sizeof(bufferDesc)); bufferDesc.dwSize = sizeof(bufferDesc); bufferDesc.dwFlags = DSBCAPS_PRIMARYBUFFER; bufferDesc.dwBufferBytes = 0; bufferDesc.lpwfxFormat = NULL; soundDevice->CreateSoundBuffer(&bufferDesc, &primarySoundBuffer, NULL); WAVEFORMATEX format; ZeroMemory(&format,sizeof(format)); // request a 16-bit stereo primary sound buffer with 22 KHz sampling rate format.wFormatTag = WAVE_FORMAT_PCM; format.nChannels = 2; format.nSamplesPerSec = 22050; format.wBitsPerSample = 16; format.nBlockAlign = (format.wBitsPerSample / 8) * format.nChannels; format.nAvgBytesPerSec = format.nSamplesPerSec * format.nBlockAlign; primarySoundBuffer->SetFormat( &format ); soundDevice->SetSpeakerConfig(DSSPEAKER_STEREO); But now I want to load a .wav file and play using DirectSound and allow me to play with Pan and Vol. But I can''t find any tutorial on it. Thank for help