Game Design Schools?

Started by
5 comments, last by wikedgamer 21 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone know of any Game Design schools? I thought I heard someone mention one before. I''m not too sure if I heard them right or not.
Advertisement
I assume you mean colleges...?

UTD - University of Texas at Dallas is offering a new game design degree.

-geo-
CDIS (artschool.com)

peace

-Sage13

Liquid Moon Team

Project X2

Check this link out for a whole bunch of game related schools.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/companies.php3?cat=153138
The Art Institute just began offering their degree in Game Art & Design. You can take any of the Art Institute''s degree programs online. Though it''s more expensive but it''s well worth it if there''s no campus near you.
Keep in mind that when these schools say "Game Design" they pretty much mean "level design." Which is fine, but don''t expect to come out of these programs knowing how to design a game. To my knowledge no one is doing a good job of teaching that yet.
Mike SellersOnline Alchemy: Fire + Structure = Transformation
Art Institute of California - Game Art & Design Program Description

No offense, but your knowledge isn't that extensive at the moment. It should be extended in the next few moments though.

AIOnline - Game Art & Design

AIOnline.edu

Take a look! I believe the Art Institute comes second, in respect to quality and academic popularity, to the Academy of Art.

The Academy of Art

I have plans for both schools: The Art Institute for a Bachelor of Science in Media Arts & Animation and The Academy of Art for a Master of Arts in Computer Art. I originally wanted to go the Graphic Design route (BS/MA), but since my business partner is going that route, I feel our firm will be much more rounded with a diverse array of disciplines. I'm majoring in Business right now.

Sorry, that's habit.

[edited by - RDX on September 3, 2002 6:28:02 PM]

[edited by - RDX on September 3, 2002 6:30:17 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement