Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beserkerfork

PlaySound( ); problems

I am slowly plugging my way through ''Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus'' and all of a sudden I am hitting a bad building error in VC++. I have gone through some examples using PlaySound() already, and ended with functional sounds coming out of my beautiful little black window... but now I don''t anymore. Here is the exert from my WindowProc(), but I am confident (enough) in my code, since I am now getting the same errors using his demos that came with the book. case MENU_SOUND_ID_SOUND: { PlaySound( "techno", hinstance_app, SND_RESOURCE | SND_ASYNC | SND_LOOP ); return(0); } break; And here are my building errors: Linking... mydemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12 Debug/hj.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. hj.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) There is nothing wrong with the .wav file- and I am wondering if I screwed something up on my puter somehow, or if there is just simply something I am overlooking... either way, help is appreciated- and let me know if you need more info, Thanks.