Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGameProgrammer

Displaying application version info

This screenshot shows Windows XP displaying UpdateClient.exe in a folder. Below the filename, it displays the full name (stored in the version info of the file) and the company (also in the version info). But when I enter that information into the version string I've compiled into my program, I get this: Where the full name should be, "Application" appears instead. Where the company should be, the full name appears. When I right-click the application and look at its details, the information is all placed correctly. So, what's going on? I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 Standard. ~CGameProgrammer( );

[edited by - CGameProgrammer on September 2, 2002 7:11:34 PM]

search your string table for the word application and change that.
i dont know about xp, but on 2000, the version info in a program works. maybe xp doesnt show the version info there for any program not from microsoft ?

Its my duty, to please that booty ! - John Shaft

Haha, I figured out why it didn''t work. It seems to be the fault of the stupid icon cache. When I copied the application and moved it to a different folder, everything displayed correctly. So I need to delete the cached icon files, I''ve done it before since it has caused me problems in the past.

~CGameProgrammer( );