Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Webmasters. What ALL do they need to know?

This topic is 5584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know the main thing a Webmaster needs to know is HTML but what else (exactly) is there that they need to know? Also, does anybody know the basic pay for a Webmaster (yearly)? Webmasters, do they handle one project all their lives or do they run multiple projects at once?

PHP, Perl, Java/script, MySQL, CSS... The list goes on.

You can make perfectly professional looking pages with HTML alone; however.

[EDIT] They are usually paid on a per project basis, and are then paid an ongoing flat rate to maintain it (My understanding at least). One would likely need several consecutive projects to make a living.

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people

[edited by - wild_pointer on September 2, 2002 8:33:44 PM]

webmasters in my company do many projects. They keep the company website and do projects for other companies. But they dont maintain the other company sites, its more like just make the template for them ..

they earn about the same as the graphics artist, but i dont know how much ..

Its my duty, to please that booty ! - John Shaft

I run an intranet server as part of my job and I use
html/flash for the eye candy, php/mysql for the backend
on a red hat 7.2 box...

so a bit a server experience, unix experience, networking experience, some good sites to back up your standard html /flash code (check out my band http://on.to/oni I am the drummer - I consider average to good standard flash/html, database end)

but its part of my overall job which pay is crap