D3D Question?

Started by
4 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 21 years, 7 months ago
Now i have a 3d model i made in milkshape 3d i exported it as a directx8.0 file and now its named model.x how do i take model.x and load it into a C++ application? is there a library or somthing cuold someone show me some site or anything that explains exactly how i take the file into a C++ application? Or is there like a function that you call between begin and end scene? or somthing? im kinda lost now.. lol [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on September 2, 2002 10:11:29 PM]
Advertisement
Try the reference about the x file format in the directx 8 documnetation
Do you know of any samples non related ot microsofts type of sdk cuz like erm I found an exmple in the sdk but its using all there strange common files and stuff and like its differnt lol
Just read dxfile.h then, include it, create a IDirectXFile object, and call its methods. Or use D3DXLoadMeshFromX()

Or read some SDK samples, eg. the Dolphin, tiger ones (tut06, pick, to see how they read in the .x file, it''s quite simple.
MSSDK\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\Tutorials\Tut06_Meshes
its realy simple and straight forward only uses d3dx8.h and mmsystem.h if you have a hard time following this one then you should go back and start with tutorial 1 and work your way up to it. After you understand the basics it realy shouldn''t take you more then half an hour or so to come up with an X file viewer
check out the gamedev articles.

there is a load x files article. Quite nice too, can even load skin meshes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement