Using existing scripting languages in a game engine

Started by
3 comments, last by CoLSoN 21 years, 7 months ago
Well, I have found some articles focused on how create your own scripting language for your game, but I want to use an existing language (exactly Ruby (www.ruby-lang.org)). Questions: - where I can found information about this ? - what aspects of the game you think I can made with the scripting language? - some suggestion ? thx
Advertisement
Deleted double post

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote:
- where I can found information about this ?

Search, and look at the available scripting languages'' documentation (LUA, Python, Ruby, etc)

quote:
- what aspects of the game you think I can made with the scripting language?

Anything, except for things that are speed critical. Just don''t be culling or drawing any pythons with it =)

quote:
- some suggestion ?

Find an embeddable language you''re very comfortable with, and play around with its interpreter first. You don''t want to spend time embedding a language you won''t end up using that much
I know it''s not exactly what you have in mind, but there was a very interesting article on Gamasutra lately about integrating Python into a game engine as a scripting language. Might be of some use to you.
Hi!

I am looking for a scripting language too.

First i thought to work with pyhton, but ruby also look very interesting. The programming interface seems simple, and the object orientation is also a point for ruby.

Has anyone experiences with ruby ?

McMc
----------------------------My sites:www.bytemaniac.com www.mobilegames.cc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement