Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beowulf

mesh problem

Hi I wonder if anyone could help me with this. This following class works and displays the tiger.x (comes with sdk somewhere..) textured model perfectly, however when I try and load a untextured (but coloured) model converted to X with conv3ds.exe the model just doesnt show. The converted model works perfectly when I load them with the mesh samples. Looking at the mesh samples I just dont see why it doesnt work with my code as well.. (g_d3d_device is my IDirect3DDevice8) class ModelWrapper { private: DWORD numberOfMaterials; LPD3DXMESH myMesh; D3DMATERIAL8* myMaterials; LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8* myTextures; public: ModelWrapper() { myMesh=0; numberOfMaterials=0; myMaterials=0; myTextures=0; } bool LoadFromFile(AnsiString filename) { LPD3DXBUFFER pD3DXMtrlBuffer; if( FAILED( D3DXLoadMeshFromX( filename.c_str(), D3DXMESH_SYSTEMMEM, g_d3d_device, NULL, &pD3DXMtrlBuffer, &numberOfMaterials, &myMesh ) ) ) return false; D3DXMATERIAL* d3dxMaterials = (D3DXMATERIAL*)pD3DXMtrlBuffer->GetBufferPointer(); myMaterials = new D3DMATERIAL8[numberOfMaterials]; myTextures = new LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8[numberOfMaterials]; ZeroMemory(myMaterials,sizeof(myMaterials)); ZeroMemory(myTextures,sizeof(myTextures)); for (DWORD i = 0; i(lessthansign)numberOfMaterials; i++) { myMaterials = d3dxMaterials[i].MatD3D; myMaterials[i].Ambient = myMaterials[i].Diffuse; //load textures for this model, skide VC! if (FAILED(D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(g_d3d_device, d3dxMaterials[i].pTextureFilename, &myTextures[i]))) { myTextures[i] = NULL; } } pD3DXMtrlBuffer->Release(); return true; } void Draw() { for (DWORD i = 0; i(lessthansign)numberOfMaterials; i++) { g_d3d_device->SetMaterial( &myMaterials[i] ); g_d3d_device->SetTexture( 0, myTextures[i] ); myMesh->DrawSubset( i ); } } ~ModelWrapper() { //cleans-up } }; [edited by - beowulf on September 3, 2002 8:17:52 AM]

Ok, i converted tutorial 6: meshes to borland c++ 5.0 to see if it works there.. it doesnt. Only works in the samples :/ suppose I will have to dwelve into those ms classes to see what the difference is. Could it be that I have to calculate normals for it?

r u settin the right world matrices?
for instance, the model u have built may be of a very high scale (huge dimensions compared to tiger.x) and u maybe using the same world matrix as u did with tiger, and well the result...u dont see anythin

Hope this helps. Write back if it doesnt help

Later,
Raptor

OMG you are right! stupid me LOL

I can now see my models after I scaled the model by factor 100 with conv3ds :-) Tho I think I need to use a slitghly lower factor.. like 50.