The PRJ Walktrough is up today!

Started by
4 comments, last by Azrael 24 years ago
Sorry, I know I promised to do this yesterday, so Im late sorry. The walktrough has some things that werent clarified in the first gameplay doc, like weapons and how to use them. Also it shows what scenaries will be used, some rules for characters, some cut scenes, more info, lots of work . None of this is random Ive studied lots of manga, scifi and of course other video games, to get a decent coherent history In only 15 missions (so we dont expend the next two years building completely scenarios like in daikatana) I want to make that 20... but we''ll talk about it. The alien campaign is still missing. But I have a manuscript about it, so I will be posting in, probably tomorrow... be patient guys! Ive also have to cutdown a bit on the cutscenes because it was begining to look like a novel. So if something looks wrong, I can explain by Email or here in the forum. Im also posting some drawings and models for concept art tomorrow, so we have enough to start coding. Im also waiting for darrin drawings, (the first one were great!) So as soon as we agree on the written part... Lets get started! Heres what we''ll need. NOT IN ORDER of IMPORTANCE The terrain engine with barriers (mixed portal engine? anyone?) The character system, the character editor. (Im trying to do something is, but I think Nat can help me on this one) The vehicle system (Darrin said he was going to work on the suspension system) The network system the weapon system (a very cool choice I may add!) the camera system The display system the savegame system the mission system (The game engine) We need the above to have this. (the mission editor) we need the above to have this. Along with. 3d models aliens (animated) (im working on some right now!) 3d models vehicles 3d models critters (animated) 3d models buildings Textures Particle textures. (3d Terrains) we need the terrain system for this. Sampled Sounds. Sampled Music. (mp3 system anyone?) So who''s doing what? ---=====SPECIAL =========---------- Btw. G-FORCE SHAWN GROMIT HOMER You are all signed up in the project, however we havent heard from you, send us your stuff! Post your opinion in the forum visit the site! Want to become a member? reply to this post!
Advertisement
sure i''ll help out where I can. For our game, I was going to integrate the portal and terrain demos of PR. Um, that''ll correspond directly to what you are doing. So two birds, one heap of code... Soups on!

Need some details as to how you are going to abstract everything, if you are. The samples from Chris are functional but ugly.

-r
Hey az, dont worry to much of codding and systems.... Lets have the game design first

Yeah and talk about messy Sockman! Totally screw up code, from chris
Hardcore Until The End.
Sounds Good.

Before we get too far with Animating CHRs, any preference to how to do them.
I would prefer segmented, less hassles & the aliens suit a segmented structure. Humans in suits could also be segmented quite easily. (Will upload a human model soon)

With Segmented we can also reuse anims, if the CHRs are structured similarly. (ie create the anims for one CHR and use on all of the others structured the same).

We should also be able to determine the position & orientation of limbs and attach objects to easily.

Any Comments

Darrin
O.k. Is nice to see people answering!

That will be great! the portal engine+terrain engine mix could make this game a real winner!

Im have never condider chris code as faulty, but thats you opinion and you are entitled to have one, anyway we can make our own code.

Darrin, im not so sure about the segmented model it has its advantages I admit that, but I think we should try both and see which one has more advantages for our game.
Also we could try a mix of segments and vertex morphing, like the one quake 3 uses. I really think it will be very, very useful if we could use Player designed characters in our game.

So, what did you think about the walkthrough any comments about it? any changes you will like to see?
what about the weapon system? I think is cool to have a secondary function for the weapons and gives the game more variety. What do you think?

It''s all cool, you guys no more then me when it comes to the engine, so you decide

Yeah walk through was prety cool and weapon variety, will make it fun!
Hardcore Until The End.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement