Plotting pixels

Started by
6 comments, last by ZeN 24 years ago
Well, this is my first post on the message boards, and from what I''ve seen, this place is great. I thought, since I''m not getting all that far with 3d graphics, or graphics in general, that I might come here. Enuf of that...Anyway, I''m looking for a FAST way to put pixels to the screen so I can convert my first QBasic 3d engine (LoL) to C/C++. Anyone know what''s fast and sorta simple that can be used in loops quickly? Thanx.
-ZeN
Advertisement
Learn DirectX, then, lock the back buffer, and modify the memory
I think he is using borland''s C++ compiler. Tell some more information about what videomode you are using (after the SCREEN statement in basic), and what compiler you''re using.
Howcome you think he''s using Borland C++? And it really doesn''t matter since you can use DirectX with BC++.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Because many people take this step Qbasic->BorlandC++.

In a tight spot...

Edited by - bosjoh on 4/7/00 1:12:54 PM

Edited by - bosjoh on 4/7/00 1:13:54 PM
not to get too far off topic, but i started with BC++ then went to VC++.

it would probably be best to learn direct x and use the pixel function to plot pixels that way.

Edited by - Moe on 4/7/00 1:14:07 PM
Thanks a lot guys! Apparently, DirectX is the way to go, and of course it''s for Windows, so that''s all good. It seems all games today use DirectX somewhere.. That just kinda says, "DirectX ZeN" alone..

Thanx
Hi,
pixel plotting under DOS or Windows ? And which graphics mode ? In mode 13h, the display memory starts at 0a000h and has a size of 64.000 bytes (320 x 200). Just write the palette entry you want into the memory and you''re gonna see the pixel on the screen.

Under windows, use DirectDraw, that will be the easiest way.

CU

Graphix Coding @
Skullpture Entertainment
http://www.skullpture.de
Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement