Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuan

fast zoon in

I assume you''re using DirectDraw. DirectDraw doesn''t support any other way than (point right?) filtering for stretching surfaces, so if you stretch a surface up, you''ll get a pretty bad image. If you make your surface as big as you might need and scale it down, it''ll look better.

Direct3D scales better since you can use bilinear filtering, but that''s a little more work.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

Yes, I''m using DirectDraw. Because the data transfer limit of CDROM, I cannot create big size movie. And one more thing, my platform is low machine, so I cannot use D3D!
Thank you.

Actually I did this and it''s not too bad. It looks pretty good. What you have to do is not to use flip() to update the screen, but use blt instead. make the SrcRect 320x240 and DestRect 640x480. Try not to size oddly. In other words only try to size times 2. It is the fastest and prettiest way to do it. BTW: did you write your movie source code?

That''s right...under DirectDraw, blitting functions will often use hardware blitting which will provide filtering in many cases as long as your surfaces are non-palettized (16 bpp+)...though...no alpha blending for sprites, right? =)