Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dev-C++ Help!

This topic is 5570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently receivid Dev-C++, a freeware Compiler. I have One disabling problem with it. When ever i run a program, using #include <iostream.h> i get an error message that says "No include path in which to find iostream.h". Now i went through the help files for this, and it just took me a little bit of time to find the fix for this. The fix said, Put the SET commands from Bin\setc.bat in autoexec.bat so the environment settings for the compiler are set. Also include you Bin directory to your PATH. Reboot your system and Dev-C++ should work. And, i looked for the setc.bat. ANd looked.And looked. And didn''t find it. Could anyone help me with this? 522912... Boy is that getting old.

Sure, I think the problem is that the c++ compilation doesn''t automatically include the standard directory:

SET C_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\dev-c++\include
SET CPP_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\dev-c++\include;c:\dev-c++\include\g++

should fix it (or just those directories to the project)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yeah, iostream.h is simply iostream without the std namespace in front of everything.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

should give you the results you''re looking for.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm over at a friends house right now, so i can't see if it worked, but i will later!

Update: We'll I tried what you said JuNC and...it gave the same error message. Except, that now when i close it, i get this

Exception EAccesVIolation in module DEVCPP.EXE at 000128B0.
Access violation at address 004128B0 in module 'DEVCPP.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF.

Then once i click okay , i get this error message in a small box which keeps on multiplying , but i only have to close once to close them all,
runtime error 216 at 00022EA2

Oh yeah, i also get an "Out of environment space" error message, and the Help says to add a line to my Config.sys file about the command.com exe but it didnt erase that error.
Oh yeah, i am using version 3.0 of Dev-C++.
-Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

[edited by - Xefo on September 8, 2002 12:20:15 AM]

[edited by - Xefo on September 8, 2002 12:22:01 AM]

[edited by - Xefo on September 8, 2002 12:24:00 AM]

Well, i''m using version 5, and i havent found any bugs yet, but one thing that i have noticed is that whenever i do a thing like this...

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
cout >> "blah\n";
Return 0;
}

It just flashes the Ms-Dos box really fast, and then closes, what am i doing wrong here?

That''s not a bug, windows usually closes ms-dos programs when they''re done. You''ll have to go to a command prompt and run the program. There''s also a setting if you right click on the program and hit properties, uncheck close on exit.

There is one bug in Dev-c++ 5 that I''ve come across, every now and then a popup will appear that says "Index Out of Range" or something, and it keeps coming like every second, until I click someone where else on the screen. I''ll bet you its a bug in the auto-complete (which I never see?)

http://roninmagus.hopto.org
acronymfinder.com - Find any acronym you need!