inline ... throw()

Started by
31 comments, last by jkeppens 21 years, 7 months ago
quote:And you can''t fix it.

*sigh* You are correct. Thanks for explaining why!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by null_pointer
That is not the argument given by the person who said that one should not throw exceptions from constructors.
Huh? My original post did have "Unless RAII is used well" at the end of it, to imply that constructors can't leak if RAII is used well. And if constructor can't leak, it *could* throw. You see, the "throwing isn't a good thing" (that some AP used) is a suggestive phrase, and I gave reasons to it in my previous post. If I had said "constructors mustn't throw", I could've understood you better.

[edited by - civguy on September 11, 2002 11:16:31 AM]
quote:Huh? My original post did have "Unless RAII is used well" at the end of it, to imply that constructors can''t leak if RAII is used well. And if constructor can''t leak, it *could* throw. You see, the "throwing isn''t a good thing" (that some AP used) is a suggestive phrase, and I gave reasons to it in my previous post. If I had said "constructors mustn''t throw", I could''ve understood you better.

Then you seem to have a particularly strange habit of butting into other people''s arguments, defending one person''s position, and then being misunderstood by the other person as supporting that position.

Here is what the person who started this argument said:

it is not a good thing for a constructor to throw exceptions because of resource (memory) leaks.

...which is just flat-out wrong.

The only reason that I post what may seem like nit-picky posts is to prevent others who read these posts from getting the wrong ideas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement