Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got_bezier?

This topic is 5573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im quite interested bezier surfaces because i would like to find out how quake3 does it, ive looked at several articles and they dont seem to be very helpful (im not very good at math/thinking/breathing) and i can implement a cubic curve -- 4x4 Control Points, but i dont get HOW im supposed to make one like quakes -- 3x3 any help, QUICK/NO Garbage Tutorials, code, advice, help, pointers, purple teddy bears etc etc. thanx /silvermace

Thanx for the Link, i downloaded the file, but you must check all your links (REMOVER THE SPACES IN THE FILE NAMES MAN!)

i''ve looked into evaluators, is there a speed dirference?

cheer
/silvermace

for evaluators yeah there will be a performance hit usually as far as I''ve noticed I started rendering my Q3 curves with them and it was a good start to get the basis but now I tesselate them at load time so everything is precomputed...otherwise you''ll have to re evaluate them at every frame which can be costly.

from the looks of it, evaluators arnt for me, i cant control the Texture Coords and i dont know how im supposed to get Collision detection working with them ..

or is there a way to access the generated vericies?

/thanx

You can control tex coords with evaluators but as far as I know you can't multitexture with them so if you have lightmaps it will seem really out of place oh btw I dont think there is a way to access the generated vertices

[edited by - Derilect101 on September 9, 2002 3:20:47 AM]

you can control tex coords but not in the Q3 fashion ie. they have to be pre computed, which would defeat the porpose, might as well just use a manual algo

No Multitextureing! thats just no-good, thanx for the help
does anyone have any 3x3 patch code??

cheers
/silvermace