2d engine design philosophy

Started by
13 comments, last by fireking 21 years, 7 months ago
Consider using Allegro. Relatively speedy, easy to use, and relatively portable.

www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/
Advertisement
DX in C isn''t that horrible, but I can appreciate your fondness for GDI. In fact, I''d be interested in checking out your code if you''re up for sharing it, fireking. Drop me an email if so.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Whats up FireKingX,? still playing around with the GDI I see.
Drop by Truevision and ruffle those rats up a bit, everyone has grown complacent without you messing around with them a bit. Ever finish the editor that you built that great GUI for?

Dreddnafious Maelstrom

"If i saw farther, it was because I stood on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton
"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat
quote:Original post by Dreddnafious Maelstrom
Whats up FireKingX,? still playing around with the GDI I see.
Drop by Truevision and ruffle those rats up a bit, everyone has grown complacent without you messing around with them a bit. Ever finish the editor that you built that great GUI for?

Dreddnafious Maelstrom

"If i saw farther, it was because I stood on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

lol!

actually, i did not finish Gen3dEdit. Mainly due to the fact that Truevision was missing a lot of features I was needing at the time. I could resume the project eventually, but expect at least a 2 week period as I look at all of my code and understand it all again (it was an insanely complicated program, keeping all of the gui in order with the dynamic object oriented design of the world).

Yeah, Im still messing with the GDI. Kind of a self education type of deal. It''s like a new years resolution or something, a promise made to my self, that I can accomplish a 2d tile engine with the GDI in great speeds with tons of features. I am using C++ to do it now, mainly because I just need to move on, and VB is really a peice of junk (depending on the app you are making).

Good to hear from ya!

--Fireking

Owner/Leader
Genetics 3rd Dimension Development
--FirekingOwner/LeaderFiregames Development &Blackdragon Studios
Nah, SDL is the way to go and it''s cross-platform compatible.

Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement