Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.I. Programming, not video game related.

This topic is 5579 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, Just recently i discovered a very unique program that is on the internet and under public license so anyone can help develop it. The program is call "AliceBot" There are various implementations of this program I believe, but that is the name that i was able to locate the site with. A.I is very interesting to me, I also believe it is going to be one of the next big things in the future when the technology evolves a little more. My question is, does anyone know of any good resources for someone who wants to turn their programming skills towards A.I.? A good site on the internet would be most valuable but I would also be happy if anyone could recommend a good book on the subject. The book would be from a programmers perspective of course. I am jsut curious as to what patterns that the program looks for in determining the next thing it should say or what action it should take next. I know this is probably a weird question to be asking here but i dont really know where else to go. Thanks to anyone who can provide me with some information on where to get started in the area of A.I. Programming.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Pixel_sticks
I know this is probably a weird question to be asking here but i dont really know where else to go.

Google, Google!

Hey, no problem! I was just surprised that someone who has been a member for 9 months had not realized that there was an AI forum. I''m not upset Actually, I''m happy to have found the link to the essays on Generation5

Cédric