Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visual Studio .NET- linking libraries

This topic is 5577 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I link my program to the DX libraries in VS .NET? It was so easy in VS 6.0, but now I can''t find anything anywhere in this new environment. It took me a couple minutes to even find where to add additional include directories. Can anyone tell me how to link my program to libraries in the VS. NET environment?

Right click on the project name in the sollution explorer, click properties.

then in the linker section, go to command line, then enter the lib names in there.

im sure there is other ways to do it, possible also by just adding the library via the add existing item

While FearedPixel''s suggestion works, I believe this is the preferred method: Instead of going to Command Line under the Linker item, go to Input. In the property grid on the right there should be an item called Additional Dependencies.

Add your libraries there, either by typing them directly in, or by clicking on the ... button.

"Every sensible man, every honest man, must hold the Christian sect in horror. But what shall we substitute in it''s place? you say. What? A ferocious animal has sucked the blood of my relatives. I tell you to rid yourselves of this beast, and you ask me what you shall put in it''s place?"

Voltaire