I have no knowledge at all!

Started by
15 comments, last by alexholmes 21 years, 7 months ago
Google for Graphics Tablets will probably get you a fair number of starting points - and if you''re after quality the best ones are made by Watcom.
Advertisement
The best way to learn is by reading a good book. If you''re low on funds, you should visit your local library, or buy used books used from Amazon.
i don''t know about art but you should definitely look at these:

C++ site
Gametutorials.net
Dev-C++

Go to the Gametutorial.net site to actual, working code with full explanations in C and C++. The C++ site will give you more insight on C++ and coding in general. Make sure you head over to the Dev-C++ site to get the compiler that way you can make programs.... then games.

Then head over to Teej''s Hand s On Interactive Game Development to learn how to program your first game. Don''t go here unless you have worked and practice with the 3 sites above. Get a good understanding of what is going then join Teej. Believe me it''s better that way.

peace,

Q

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

find your element
at mutedfaith.com.
<º>

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

You guys are the best. HAve any of you made any games? If so could you send me a link so i could download them. Cheers. HOw long would it take me to learn the basics do you think?

see ya.
well some people it takes "21 days" to a month.
other are regular and spend 2 to 3 months (only because they get stuck with pointers and classes).

so i would go with the 2 to 3 months.
but in the meanwhile you can play with some gamecode (that you find anywhere) and start to pick and pull at it and see what you find out.

this is a post i wrote that got a lot of people angry.....(why, i don''t know).

anyway read and you''ll get a sense of what i''m talking about.

disclaimer: i do not pretend to be god, coding god, or any sort of god; post is suggestion and observation of what i''ve seen; don''t flame because there are no marshmallows. thank you.

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

find your element
at mutedfaith.com.
<º>

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Wacom. Not Watcom. :D
Cheers. If you have anything else that you think will come in handy do you think you could post it please. thanks. OH yeah HALO 2 LoOKS AMAZING.......

see ya

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement