Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visual C++ 6.0 & DirectX 7 (complete word etc not working)

This topic is 5578 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi evereyone, I got a little problem: I justed learned the basics of DirectDraw using old Version 6.1. Now I started my first game and switched to DirectX 7. The problem is that useful editor functions for the data types and functions are not working for DirectX 7 structures and functions: For instance the "complete word" function shows "DirectDrawCreate" but leaves out "DirectDrawCreateEx" and the parameter info isn't available, too... I tried to add the neccesary headers to my project (like ddraw.h), but this just let's me use the data structures like LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7... Any suggestions are welcome... [edited by - perkele on September 9, 2002 6:23:45 AM]

I''ve asked about this before. I''d love to be able to use list members and such, or see parameter info for certain functions (counting all those 0 values is such a drag), but there doesn''t seem to be any way to do this.

I fear ALT-Tabbing between VC and the SDK help file is the only option...