Good book on C++ programming?

Started by
0 comments, last by Lode 21 years, 7 months ago
I think I need to read on C++ programming. I learned C++ mainly by myself, tutorials, and forums like gamedev, but I think I'm missing a lot of important things. I think I don't know enough yet about classes, vectors, OOP, good styles of coding, pointers to functions/arrays and that kind of alien stuff, and probably other things I missed completely. Tips on optimizations would also be greatly appriciated. I'm not looking for a book that teaches making a hello world application and other console applications, and I know things like ifs, loops, variables, operators, and such, I can of course just skip these chapters but if there was a book that doesn't contain chapters like this at all or just quickly mentions the syntax for it it'd be great. Any ideas? [edited by - Lode on September 9, 2002 8:14:58 AM]
Advertisement
You should probably try Accelerated C++[1] by Andrew Koenig.

[1]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/020170353X/qid=1031571187/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-0306182-6992639?v=glance&s=books

"When I look upon seamen, men of physical science, and philosophers, man is the wisest of all beings. When I look upon priests, prophets, and interpreters of dreams, nothing is so contemptible as man."

Diogenes
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement