Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dialog Based Apps - Menu & Windows :: MFC

This topic is 5573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I have two questions about a dialog based app. 1) How do you add an "About" menu item? For example, a dialog based app features an About class by default. I added a "File" menu. However, the "About" menu does not show up. I could add an "About" menu item, but how do you connect the menu command to the "About" window. In other words, how do you draw the "About" window as the user selects "About?" 2) When you create a dialog based app, AppWizard gives the options to have minimize, maximize, etc. Is there a way to add and/or remove one or more of those features using code? I did not add a feature to minimize, however, now I want to minimize the window. It is too late to use AppWizard. Thanks, Kuphryn

To handle the About menu item, use Classwizard to create a handler. Press Ctrl+W, and on the left side select the About menu ID. Double-click on ON_COMMAND on the right side and write the code to display the dialog in the newly created function.

The ability to minimize and maximize are controlled in the dialog resource. It''s a style in the Styles tab (Minimize box and Maximize box). No code involved