Check out my WinAmp plug-in!

Started by
7 comments, last by neoztar 21 years, 7 months ago
Here''s a link to my 3d OpenGL winamp 2.x visualization plugin. Try it and tell me what you think Lightspeed Visualization
~neoztar "Any lock can be picked with a big enough hammer"my website | opengl extensions | try here firstguru of the week | msdn library | c++ faq lite
Advertisement
Ok.
My webhost''s stats tells me that 7 people downloaded my plugin yesterday, but I have yet not seen any answers (AP was a friend of mine who was just joking). Am I to consider this a bad or a good thing (not wanting to give me your comments, or you
''re testing it very good?) I could really need some replies on what you think, as well as your framerate in the various scenes along with your system specs.

Thanks for any help (in fact I''ve already thanked you guys in the credits)...
~neoztar "Any lock can be picked with a big enough hammer"my website | opengl extensions | try here firstguru of the week | msdn library | c++ faq lite
It had a few good effects in it. Not enough variety though
for me to use it. Personally I like visualizations that I
can look at and get lost in for hours. This one cycled through
too few effects with the same thing going on every time.

However I could not even dream of making something like this
myself. So its a damn good start.

I really like the spinning thing with the particle streams
coming out of it.

Framerates were 90+ with the exception of the big white blob
effect where it slowed to 10-20

gforce pro II
pII 400

Christopher

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking about adding more scenes and transitions, but I thought I''d get some opinions on how it works so far. The blobs are slow, I know, but they''re supposed to be cubemapped. I guess I should disable that scene for cards that doesn''t support cubemapping...

I''m also going to add some configurability to each scene, so that you may decrease the quality of the blobs to make them faster, but I want some more opinions first.

PS: The spinning particle thingy is my favorite too
i can''t say i was altogether impressed. when i ran it there was some uninspiring white thing that ran at 10 frames a second then it changed to this green particle thing that was quite pretty but ran at about 4 frames a second. when i wanted to close it it wouldn''t go away and i had to resort to ctrl-alt-del to kill it. seemingly it didn''t like my machine.

duron 850 @ 1012mhz
512mb ram
gforce II
I don''t know why it was so slow, it should have been faster.
On my machine it runs at 300fps, except for the blobs which run at about 70fps. Here are the specs:
AMD Athlon 750
ATI Radeon 8500
384MB RAM

The white thing is like i said supposed to be cubemapped, so i guess the geforce 2 doesn''t support cubemapping.

Using the X in the corner to quit it won''t always work for some reason, but pressing ESC should.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

Dude the plugin''s nice, but the white blobs have no point. I have a cubemap supporting vid adapter ( nvidia geforce4 ti 4200 128mb ) and i see nothing but silly nonshaded blobs Make them reflect&refract, or make them bumpmapped brushed metal, with a few lights then ill be impressed
*st0ned*
Since the only machine the cubemapping seems to work on is my own, i guess it''s probably something wrong with my code. I''ll dive into it this weekend and see if I find something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement