Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kechong

Terrain bug in Pr307 ?

I cant find any..... got a list of all of last years forum thing and did a seach of the headers. There was something about landscape fixes, but nothing to do with terrain fixes..

Hi Kechong,
You aren''t trying to use PR3.07 libs with an older project?
If so you need to change the include for terrain.lib to terrainold.lib, due to the different terrain functions in 3.06/3.07

Cheers
Darrin

I tried what u suggested, but it gets the texture from the sky cube I`m using ? I also trie using Pr26 terrain lib, but i got an error about external symbol PR_MultipyMatrix thingy.... ?

If you are having problems, send me the program you are running (if you compiled it yourself), the video card used, and a link to the drivers currently installed.

If I can duplicate the problem chances are it can be corrected quickly.

Chris

The problem also occurs in the Terrain example in PR26. It works fine when compiled with the evaluation but the landscape texture is black when compiled with 307.

I`m using a diamond tnt2 ultra,
ftp://ftp.diamondmm-europe.com/diamond/viper/viper770/files.htm

you dont mine getting sent 1mb file do you ?

Any PR 2.6 examples are not compatible with PR 3.0 without some minor changes. If these problems were happening with the PR 3 examples I would be interested in seeing it myself.

Chris

You will need to memset the material to 0 before you change the values in it, if you are making your own materials (such as the tile loading in the terrain engine).

You should also call PR_SetTextureStage(0) before PR_AddTexture.

Chris

Edited by - ChrisE on 4/10/00 8:09:44 AM