Forced Wireframe.

Started by
4 comments, last by razialx 21 years, 7 months ago
Is there a program or some kind of interface that makes openGL render everything in wireframe regardless of what a program wants? You may be wondering why i would want this. I would like to see how accurately Quake, or Unreal, or any program removes non visible surfaces. I have a Q3A level viewer source that i edited to be wireframe, but it doesn''t use the same algorithms that quake 3 uses, although i know it uses the same data. I have my reasons, and if anyone could point me in , well, any direction, i would be very happy
Advertisement
quote:Original post by razialx
... I have a Q3A level viewer source that i edited to be wireframe, but it doesn''t use the same algorithms that quake 3 uses, although i know it uses the same data. I have my reasons, and if anyone could point me in , well, any direction, i would be very happy

ERROR: Wrong Info. =) After creating levels in any Q3A Level Editor. the data is saved as a script file. Which Quake3.exe cannot handle. In order to create a Quake3 Map you have to use the bsp.exe file with your editor''s package. bsp.exe compiles this script and calculates every thing for the game. collision map, light maps etc... btw this program takes a very long time to calculate that scrips (takes weeks on slow machines when dealing with large maps)...

quote:
I would like to see how accurately Quake, or Unreal, or any program removes non visible surfaces.

You have access to quake2 source code. try to edit it. I think it''s close to quake3 in plane clipping
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
yes it is possible, but for quake3 is not necessary u can display wireframe by some console command (it wouldnt surprise me if UT had the same)

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html
there was an application like that for asus geforce cards.
but too many cheaters out there exploited it so its been removed.

if you want to , you have to modify either opengl or your video card driver to force wireframe mode.

I think GLTrace can do it for OpenGL games:

http://www.hawksoft.com/gltrace/

It intercepts OpenGL calls, so you can display some statistics or force some commands (like wireframe mode) pretty easily.

Y.
glPolygonMode( GL_LINE ); //''wrieframe''
glPolygonMode( GL_FILL ); //standard
glPolygonMode( GL_POINT ); //obvious

Now all you need is to find a way to force this in the driver or make a call to GL hoping the game code doesn''t call it with GL_FILL anywhere ^^

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement