Windows is ignoring my code!??

Started by
10 comments, last by Boltimus 21 years, 7 months ago
quote:Original post by Boltimus
First I would like to thank LessBread and Oluseyi for their seemingly unending patience!! Anyhow, Dorix that was an excellent idea. I was thinking along the same lines while taking a shower and figured that if EnumWindows was indeed counting the desktop not to mention the other stuff (icons, taskbar, etc) as windows to be enumerated, then that would definitely "skew" my paradigm of EnumWindows(). I will look into this possibility and write concerning what I found. Once again good idea!!

No problem from me Bolt As long as you learn something, that''s all that matters. A year from now I expect to see you helping other people

One thing to note about EnumWindows, in case you aren''t aware. The docs say that it enumerates all "top-level" windows. That doesn''t mean "windows that ride on top" or windows that you can see or might be able to see. A "top-level" window, is a window that might have child windows, but isn''t a child of any other window other than the desktop. To get a feel for the dozens of top-level windows currently present on your machine - head over to http://www.catch22.uk.net and grab a copy of WinSpy. The pop out right panel will show you every single window - top-level windows and their children - currently present on your machine.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Advertisement
That''s a pretty cool little app! I''ll definitely have to get it. BTW, once I''m finished with this project im working on, it''s free to everyone who posted here! It''ll take a while and I''m not giving out any secrets but it''ll be worth the wait...now to that darn EnumWindows! hehe

~bolt
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement