• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter86

Dev-C++ and DX

This topic is 5853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I have never used my copy(s) of Dev-C++, it sits here gathering dust because Mircosoft(tm) bought my (programming)soul when they gave me a copy of VS 6. However, I am fairly sure a friend of mine managed to make it work (it either had to be that or Turbo C 5.5). Sorry I can''t help any more than that. Make sure that the compiler has a directory path to the correct libs, src, and header files in DXSDK and it SHOULD compile at least.

Brett Lynnes
cheez_keeper@hotmail.com

But if I need any headers like stdio.h or any other header that is included with VC++ won´t work with Dev-C++ or?

You can download a set of libraries and headers for DevC++. You have to use these for directx. I have only used it once for it as I have VisualC++, but I remember also add -vtable-fthunks or something like that in the linker settings to make it work. goto bloodshed they should have a link for the directx libraries on their site....

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!