Dev-C++ and DX

Started by
5 comments, last by peter86 21 years, 7 months ago
Can I use DX with Dev-C++? If yes, then how?
Advertisement
I have never used my copy(s) of Dev-C++, it sits here gathering dust because Mircosoft(tm) bought my (programming)soul when they gave me a copy of VS 6. However, I am fairly sure a friend of mine managed to make it work (it either had to be that or Turbo C 5.5). Sorry I can''t help any more than that. Make sure that the compiler has a directory path to the correct libs, src, and header files in DXSDK and it SHOULD compile at least.

Brett Lynnes
cheez_keeper@hotmail.com
Brett Lynnescheez_keeper@hotmail.com
Download the DirectX 8 package here and everything should be fine. I found that very easily using Google a while back, you could have done the same.

But if I need any headers like stdio.h or any other header that is included with VC++ won´t work with Dev-C++ or?
stdio.h and all the other standard includes should come with Dev-C++.

The DirectX includes should be in the DirectX package.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
The DirectX includes don''t come with Dev-C++. Use the ones from the SDK.
You can download a set of libraries and headers for DevC++. You have to use these for directx. I have only used it once for it as I have VisualC++, but I remember also add -vtable-fthunks or something like that in the linker settings to make it work. goto bloodshed they should have a link for the directx libraries on their site....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement