UML Examples

Started by
6 comments, last by jkeppens 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I just had a course UML, but I have the feeling I can do some simple stuff, but not a complete application. Did anyone make a complete UML Analysis for a project? If so, can I have a look at the document to see how it''s structured, how every bit and piece of it is glued together, and stuff? Or does anyone know a good site to find a complete case study? I found a few websites, but none "satisfied my hunger" for knowledge. It''s not my intention to use the analysis for anything other than educational purposes. Jeroen
Advertisement
Jesse Liberty''s book "Beginning Object Oriented Analysis and Design" is a good book with UML for a fairly simple fish simulation thingio, with C++ code.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
Well that''s the problem... I don''t need a "simple" example. I need a big, elaborated example. My UML course at IBM was good, my UML course at school was good, but you learn the basics. I have 2 books on UML and they also don''t go that far.
Your best bet is to use uml on a real world project. You can only "practice" so much.

That project will be pretty painful as you learn, but it''s really the only way. It took me about 3 REAL projects with UML before I got comfortable with it. And I still need a great deal of work when it comes to the SE Process. But each new project gets better and easier.

-Good luck.
He''s a bad motha - Shut yo mouth.
Hello,

a book I really like is "Applying UML and Patterns" by Craig Larman. Also remember that UML is a modelling language and not really a complete design methodology. Try doing searches on "Fusion" or "RUP" I think RUP stands for Rational Unified Process or something like that.
You are right, RUP is Rational Unified Process
I guess UML is like chess: it''s simple to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master. You can always improve your skills, and the best way to progress is to play... Would you be helped when seeing a master chess challenge?

If you want to see an approximately big (more or less) UML + code, download ClassBuilder at sourceforge. And then it''s source, also on the site in the download section. It''s a great one!
It''s not UML that''s difficult to master, nor even using it - it''s the program designs that are difficult. UML is just a way to put them on "paper".

It''s the difference between drafting & engineering. Just because you know AutoCAD/Catia/Unigraphics/ProEngineer doesn''t instantly make you a designer.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement