Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tricks 2nd edition

This topic is 5574 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ppl, I would be happy if anyone could tell me the differences between Tricks 2nd edition and 1st edition. Also when is the part II coming out? Thanks in advance Warm regards Mario..

Maybe not tha clear Tricks of the windows game programming gurus 2nd edition and 1st edition. And when the F is part II coming out.

Search isn''t available at this moment.

Warm regards
Mario..

I don''t think there is a difference betweent the first edition and the second edition all be it that the second edition probably has some bug fixes and a new cover.

As for when the second book comes out who knows they keep on putting off the release date. If you go to Lamonthes website he still has done that hes just starting chapter 8. But that has said that for a year now.

Hope this helps

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Helicon56
2nd edition is updated for dx8

but does he still use DDRAW?

I just bought 2nd Edition and it still uses DirectDraw. There''s been updates, such as typos being fixed, teaching about programming in 16-bit mode instead of just 8-bit, talks about the newer OSs. Nothing major, but it costs about $20 more than 1st Edition. I got a good deal though, through Chapters.