Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delphi, VB, DLLs and OCXs (Mixing and Matching)

This topic is 5576 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I received an OCX (ActiveX) from a company and wrapped a bunch of the functions of the OCX into a DLL written in Visual Basic 6 to streamline the process of using the OCX's methods. I can then take my DLL (accompanied by the OCX) to another computer, install them, and write programs with it all day using VB6 (on the other PC) referencing only the methods I created in the DLL (which references the OCX stuff) and everything works great. I can even, through the use of the 'Package and Deployment Wizard,' generate an install set. Now, someone wants to use my DLL on another system and program it by using Delphi. They can run my sample programs just fine on their system but can not get Delphi to interface properly with one of the following: 1) The DLL. 2) The referenced OCX via the DLL. or 3) Delphi not set up properly to reference the DLL. They can see the methods of my DLL in their Delphi IDE but can not call them all, only some of them. When they call the ClosePort() method, their program tries to close the already closed port; but, if they call the OpenPort method the program crashs and displays this error message: "access violation at address 660F7284 in module MSVBVM60.dll. Read of address 00000005." Anyone have any ideas? (I didn't use COM on this DLL, either; and, I don't believe it necessary since the referencing computer can only read one comport at a time using the OCX/DLL. It wasn't built to read from multiple comports at the same time.) {{crosses fingers}} [edited by - Like2Byte on September 10, 2002 11:33:11 AM]