drawing vert arrays

Started by
2 comments, last by nextgengamer 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I am having a problem drawing an array of floats that make up my model. My question is when you are using an array for a vertex list does the array have to be declared initialy such as say : float ary[x][3] or are you allowed to have a dynamic array using new? I am using the new method because I intend for my models to be of different sizes so dynamic is the way to go. It bugs me that I can''t get inside of glDrawArrays() to see what exactly it is trying to draw. I get one point at the origin but nothing else. Also, in the model there isn''t even a point at the origin. If any OpenGL gurus could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, NextGenGamer www.celestialwake.com
Advertisement
sounds like youre doing something wrong

typedef float vector[3];

vector *verts = new vector[100];

set vert values here
draw the values

also a good debugging method is draw them NOT using vertex arrays but using immediate once this works then covert it over to vertex arrays

eg
for (i=0;i<100;i++)
{
glBegin( GL_TRINGLES)
glVertex3fv( verts[0] );
glVertex3fv( verts[1] );<br>glVertex3fv( verts[2] );<br>glend </i> <br><br>http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html
Hi, thanks for the response.
I have tried using a loop inside glBegin with points just to see the verts. This does work I see all the points and everything checks out it isn''t my array.

I was asking about the new thing becaues intstead of starting off with a single pointer I use **ary and init them all at run time.

glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, 0, md.GetVerts());
GetVerts return the address of the ary.

The problem is either here or with the actual draw.
glDrawArrays(GL_POINTS, 0, md.NumVerts());
NumVerts() returns how many verts there are.

both the array and the numverts var check out ok. I''m at a loss from here on though

NextGenGamer
did u enable GL_VERTEX_ARRAY also did u try glGet( GL_ERROR ) or whatever the correct syntax is

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement