c# and 3d

Started by
4 comments, last by f97ao 21 years, 7 months ago
I would like to use some simple 3d, opengl or d3d for doing graphs etc. Is it easy to use 3d with c# and where can i find tutorials for this? I tried some visual basic coding with opengl (Nehe) and it is pretty nice, but vb6 has some fairly strong limitations when it comes to timers etc. I''ve done quit some 3d programmint with c++ but it''s really not as productive when it comes to doing programms with vb6, buttons etc. /Andreas
Advertisement
You can use vb6 + dx8 for a little project. In fact, dx8 only support (native) vc++ and vb6, so documentation and help are enought.

Even more, because vb6 use dx8 library, then when you run 3d stuff in vb6, there is not really slow, because the 3d part is made by the graphics card not for vb.

And the good point is that you can convert manually the code from vb6+dx8 -> vc++ + dx8, because the sintax in both is very simmilar.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
OpenGL with C#(or any .NET language): http://csgl.sourceforge.net

When I look upon seamen, men of physical science, and philosophers, man is the wisest of all beings. When I look upon priests, prophets, and interpreters of dreams, nothing is so contemptible as man.

Diogenes
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
http://csgl.sourceforge.net

This sounds great. I have some troubles to make the examples work though.
I''ve just installed NET so I''m pretty crappy with the basics. Any hints on how I get the examples to work.
/Andreas
MS is supposed to add C# support to Dx9, which should be out in just a few weeks.

Sieggy
quote:Original post by f97ao
This sounds great. I have some troubles to make the examples work though.

If you want help, you have to give us more details than "I have some troubles".
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement