First 2D game engine fully complete

Started by
2 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 21 years, 7 months ago
I finnaly finished my game engine I first released it this summer. First release wasn''t very good you could only move around and stuff no real purpose. However senice then I have updated it and it is now a full game. You can download it here. It''s not like good in graphics but thats cuz I just through it together at the last minute. http://www.geocities.com/killereaglesoftware/game.zip Please make any productive comments or suggestions to improve this game engine. As well as what you thought of it.
Advertisement
It seems to work, but what is the purpose ?

I got a chicken standing on a block, and my health is dropping. and then game over??
I seem to get different results each time. I did get the chicken to just land on the block just like Snash, then my life went down, game over. The other times I loaded it, I see 2 chickens just sitting there and the rain cloud moving back and forth.

WinXP SP1
DirectX 8.1b
Mobility Radeon

Hope that helps
-BlueNexus

--
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

[edited by - BlueNexus on September 10, 2002 5:14:47 PM]
-BlueNexus--This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Ill look into that as for the purpose it doesnt have a true 100% purpose yet. You can view your stats by clicking F3 im slowly trying to turn it into a side scroll platform based rpg. Of course this would require alot more work but the basics of it do work so far. I guess I could possibly impement like a highscore list or somthing? Im also hoping to add a save game ability so if you get so far you can save your game and later resume. Right now I am still trying to fix this one bug that is very strange. It seems that when the game starts the user is not visible until you move him so I will be trying to fix that ASAP. As well as I am thinking of a mana system that slowly regenerates and you can heal yourself this way?

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on September 10, 2002 5:42:45 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement