CheapFighter - plz test it =)

Started by
6 comments, last by AngelForce 21 years, 7 months ago
My first game, ''CheapFighter'' , has reached Beta-status. Now I''d really like to get a lot of feedback(but plz don''t flame TOO much, because it''s my first game, you know...) There''s no sound in the game yet and the artwork is...cheap...but it''s playable and doesn''t crash(at least not on my pc :D ) It''s done in DD with a little help from Intel''s jpg library. Here''s a link to download it. AngelForce -- If you find any mistakes, you''re allowed to keep ''em! ''When I look back I am lost.''
AngelForce--"When I look back I am lost." - Daenerys Targaryen
Advertisement
Moved to Your Announcements.

Jim Adams
home.att.net/~rpgbook
Author, Programming Role-Playing Games with DirectX
and Focus On: Advanced Animation with DirectX

wow! nice!
Well, OK, the artwork ... but hey.
Still, I think it lacks a certain something. You just don''t get much feedback... perhaps the screen could flash a bit when you get damage or something. Sound FX would be ultra cool of course. You can get some at www.soundarchiv.com.
Also I think, for the fast moving enemies, the own shots are too slow... it''s hard to aim. But hey, perhaps I''m just too stupid ;-)
Some more work and I''ll be addicted for months!

Seemed to run fine. My only suggestion would be that an English menu would be nice for ignorant people like me who only read one language. (Actually, if it was French or Spanish, that would be ok too ) I also got several "Fehler beim Laden eines Bitmaps!" messages in the log file, which sounds like terrorist activity but probably isn''t.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]
nice star effects in the background i havnt learned how to do that yet and i must say very neat
Hey, nice job! Score of 2300...not so good, probably would have been higher if I had figured out earlier that those little bouncy things weren''t actually friendly :-P It ran great on my machine (Athlon 1.53GHz, 512MB sysram Gf3 64MB video card). If you''re looking to take it a step further, some nice animations, particularly of the enemies blowing up, would be really keen, and provide some of the sense of the feedback randomZ mentioned.
-david
thnx for the feedback!

now i''m working on the english version and i think this little flash will find its way into the next version too

AngelForce

--
If you find any mistakes, you''re allowed to keep ''em!

''When I look back I am lost.''
It has taken its time(because i didn't have much time the last week and i had to wait for some days on the buttons, which are made by a friend of mine) but now beta 0.3 from cheapfighter is out in the open

i haven't added very much, just translation to english(i hope i didn't forget anything ) and the little flash when you're hit

some informations(i forgot them in the first place) :
move the spaceship with the arrowkeys
shot1: SPACE (costs points due to the actual spaceship)
shot2: CTRL (you have 3 of them in the beginning, can get more throught powerups)

the 10 powerups:
-life
-extra shot2
-2x speed (10sec)
-2x fire speed (10 sec)
-take no damage(10sec)
-50 points
-100 points
-500 points
-1000 points
-shipUpgrade, NOTE: you need 5 of them to get the better spaceship; there are 3 of them and if you have the 3. 3x shipupgrade will give you an extralife

NOTE on lifes: you can have 20 max., if you have more you get 5000 points for each extra life; you also get 5000 for each remaining life when you complete the game

and there are 5 levels, each with a different number of attacwaves(mainly between 15 and 20), at the end of each lvl there's an extra-evil boss

---

i would really like some comments if the game is to easy, to difficult... and plz all test the 5. lvl because there's a scrolling background and i'd really like to know the performance...
if you are REALLY to lazy to play throught 4 lvls, create a 'cheat.txt' file in the cheapfighter directory and write:
skiplvl1
skiplvl2
skiplvl3
skiplvl4

then you'll only have to play the 1. attacwave from each skipped lvl

now, enoth talking(or writing/reading ) has taken place, please excuse me for my bad english and download the game!

Here's the link to download it.

AngelForce

--
If you find any mistakes, you're allowed to keep 'em!

'When I look back I am lost.'

[edited by - AngelForce on September 16, 2002 3:51:27 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement