Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

claculating indices

This topic is 5577 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

am working on loading and rendering bsp files.. now i am in the part of imlementing the patches, each patch face in quake3 bsp is composed of a set of 3*3 biquadratic patches..i first tried to render them normally but that was costly.. what am trying to reach now is the faster way to render those patches.. i knew i should precalculate all the vertices at load time.. and put them in a single array and render it using glDrawElements() its working fine.. i created an index array of size of 6*(n-1)*(n-1)..and i could render it using GL_TRIANGLES..(n is the number of vertices per pass...total number of vertices is n*n) i also made it using 4*(n-1)*(n-1) and rendered it using using GL_QUADS.. i dont know which of the two methods is faster..i want the fastest... and..i am thinking about a way to render the patches as triangle strips..i think that would be much faster..but i dont know how to corrctly compute the indices Flutey Shady El Mously Egyptian Game Programmer (there is no knowledge that is not power)