Help with displaying a polygon! :p

Started by
37 comments, last by Fredric 24 years ago
hey pythius. my crappy laptop video card just isn''t working. my friend just compiled it, and got the same thing you got on a desktop. man, my system is screwy.

a2k

so, yeah, fredric, bad monkey solved it, and pythius verifies. and i verify, not that i have any say in this now, since i''m the only one that can''t see the green box.

------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Advertisement
This green box is starting to freak me out... I''ve been sitting here for the past 20 minutes staring at the box thinking "That''s a nice shade of green." I don''t know why, but the shade that is currently on my screen just calls out to me, saying that it''s going to rock my world and boil a pot of tea for me. Right about now I''m starting to realize that I shouldn''t be staring at the green box, and should probably be doing something important like a BSP tree or an assembly maze solver, or something of the sort. I should be, but every time I get the resolve, I begin to think about the shade of green.

This paragraph is actually about 5 minutes after that last one. I sat and stared at the green for a while, then thought "I like carrots." So, I changed it to orange. Still no BSP tree, but orange.

Pythius
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
ah! don't taunt me! anyway, i can do it in glut, and that's fine with me. ooh, i'll be enjoying the green box shortly.

a2k and his crappy laptop

Edited by - a2k on 4/10/00 10:56:45 PM
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Wow, what an awesome response! I haven''t read them all yet, but I''m just responding to a2''s question: "Did you get the answer from your math teacher?"
Nope... *sigh* he says he does OpenGL for some other thingy, I forget what he said, but I lost interest in to what sound was coming out of his flapping jaw when he said "no, I can''t help you with that". I said he was a *dick*, maybe he was lieing...? Ah well, I''m gonna finish reading all these replies! This is great!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
hehe, *yay*! I got the code to work! Thanks a lot BadMonkey!!

And some of you, not mentioning any names *cough*Pythius*cough* are jokers! Hahaha, you''re odd! But, that''s a good thing!
Anyhow, once again, thanks for helping me! Thanks for the help A2, even though it didn''t solve the problem- it meant a lot to me that you tried!
Well, a happy ending to a young nightmare you might say, but once again, I''ll be off programming again, happy as I was before I hit this roadblock! Thanks everyone who helped!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
(switches to deep superhero voice)
My work here is done

For a while there, I thought a2k was gonna snap... you''re a real bastard Pythius

Glad I could help.

-------------
squirrels are a remarkable source of protein...
pythius a bastard? i don''t really wanna see it that way. i''m glad he verified that it worked. but um, if you look at the series of posts, i *ahem* did suggest the perspective/ortho solution first, but i guess there''s no credit in suggestions, especially since suggestions don''t compile. i''m glad you got it working, Fredric, and congratulations to everyone who can actually compile the code and see the green square. I actually changed everything to glut for my machine, and it works fine, but i don''t know what''s up about the aux library. anyway, i''m happy, you''re happy, we''re all happy, so...

code on.

a2k
beware the green square
for it is out there
i cannot see
it''s true beauty
for the aux library
is out there to scare me
i have used glut
to get out of the rut
of viewing this square,
i no longer care

a2k

Sorry if my dry Australian (see: dodgy) humor was misinterpreted. I just found Pythius'' taunting funny

Let there be peace and harmony amongst us all... or else

BTW, nice post a2k... you should give up programming and become a poet

-------------
squirrels are a remarkable source of protein...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement