Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot find library!

This topic is 5570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve created this .so I want to use, but whenever I try to link to it, gcc (well, the linker anyways) says it can''t find it. I''m telling it where it is and telling it to include it with -l. Any ideas?

If you want to give it the whole path, don''t prefix it with -l (it''ll be treated as a regular object file). If it''s in a path the linker would normally scan (/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib are the two main ones) or one added with -L, then -lNAME should work assuming the library is named libNAME.so or that is a symlink to your library. Are all of those conditions met?

The library''s name is libgui.so.1.0.0 and there''s a symbolic link to it called libgui.so.1. That''d work, right?

Other than that, I''ve got it exactly live you''ve said.

Do I need to do some sort of command to "install" the library, or can I just move it into /usr/lib?

OK, I got all that done, and now it finds the library fine.

Whew! I don''t remember it being that hard the first time!

Now I just got to get it to find the OpenGL libraries (deja vu! If only the search was working!)